The Windows SharePoint Services Timer service is not running

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:07 AM

I tried to install fsg web part on company moss server but during installation the system check shoes "The Windows SharePoint Services Timer service is not Started" but I checked the services it shoes started . please help me

Apr 23, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Be sure to run setup.exe as administrator

Apr 25, 2010 at 3:44 AM
THorne99 wrote:

Be sure to run setup.exe as administrator

Thank you, it's work fine, but I couldn't find form generator web part when I go to add web part i checked the sit features it was there and activated please could you Help me

Apr 25, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Hi Their,

Maybe you have to deploy it as well or again in the Central Administration Console >> Operations >> Solution Management and than activate the feature in the site you want to use it for (on the Top Level Site).

hope it helps.

Apr 26, 2010 at 6:17 AM

Stile it's not showing in the web parts list . I did what you Saied and I uninstall the solution and installed again and i check Solution Management and the site features everywhere shows activated and deployed . please help me

Apr 26, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Hi,

Pitty it still won't work. I guess I did the same steps and here it worked straigth away. anyways just recap your steps and go into the basic troubleshooting maybe you missed a thing (like i do too alot). Some steps will not be necisarry but why not, just check them anyway :-).

• Your a Windows domain admin loged in to the domain.
  • All Windows services are started.
  • You deployed the complete package using the setup.exe
  • The account you use on your top level site and CAC is in the farm administrators group.
  • You go to the Central Admin Console and deployed the solution over your Site Collection(s) Staus says deployed.
  • On the top level site you activated the feature under site features.
  • Check the web part gallery in the top level site under galleries (the sfg.wsp web part must be their SharePointFormGenerator.webpart).
  • If not choos new in web part gallery and hope it's in the list below (SFG.SharePointFormGenerator). mark the box and choose populate Gallery.
  • Now it shoot be in your web part list.
  • If you choose edit of the web part itself you can see it made a Havivi webpart group with a specify your own value thats whe you can find it back if you add the web part to the page.

Good luck and let me know if it worked and what you did to fix it.

Rgrdz,
Maarten