impersination

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:59 PM

How do i set impersination?

I have some ppl that arent allowed acces to the list ive connected to your webpart. And when they go to the page of your webpart, i get a sharepoint access denied message, while they do have high enough access rights on the page your webpart is on.

Can you please help me with this... it must be a setting im missing..

Mar 17, 2010 at 8:25 AM

In the current version impersonation is already implemented. The saving of the new ListItem runs with elevated priviliges, which means it has full control rights.

After the item is created the user will be redirected to the Submit button url that you can set in the properties of the webpart. Perhaps this is set to a page that the user hasn't access to?

Or do the users get the access denied message directly when browsing to the page the SFG webpart is on? If that's the case did you try to remove the webpart and check if they still get the access denied error?

Mar 28, 2011 at 3:51 PM

How do I resolve the issue where users are getting access denied when browsing to the page the SFG webpart is on (in the Pages library)?  I've removed the web part and confirmed that they can access the page when the web part is removed.  The list being used does not inherit permissions - only administrators have access to the list

Thanks,

deb